(dramatic music) – [Keith] Ready. – [Both] Chicken Wars. – 2K19, we’re doing it, guys. Everything you’ve ever wanted
is finally back in action. The Chicken Boys are back, why? Because the internet needs us. It’s like a bat signal
was shot into the sky. Now, if somehow, you
don’t know about this, the world has been abuzz because Popeye’s has a new fried chicken sandwich, and people claim it is
better than the Chick-fil-A fried chicken sandwich,
which has such high regard. Popeye’s social media was
quick to jump on this, and say, “Hey, look at this. “Ours is better than Chick-fil-A.” Chick-fil-A was like, “Shut the fuck up. “Who the fuck are you? “Get out of my fucking house.” – Everybody’s talking about this online, and I don’t know who
the first people to talk about chicken online is, but
I’m pretty sure it was us. – But today, we want to examine all the fried chicken sandwiches from fast food establishments
that we can get ahold of, and see which is truly the
best fried chicken sandwich. – So this is the hashtag– – [Both] Chicken Wars 2K19! – Or my question is, should be creating our own hashtag so we don’t get wrapped up in somebody else’s hashtag? – I kinda like Chicken Sandwich Showdown. – Hashtag– – [Both] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! – Wow. ♪ Chicken showdown ♪ ♪ Chicken sandwich showdown ♪ ♪ 2K19 ♪ ♪ Yeah, who’s back ♪
♪ Whoo ♪ ♪ Well I think you know it’s us ♪ ♪ We the motherfucking Chicken Bros ♪ ♪ Whoo ♪ ♪ Yeah, all the people
go and pick your nose ♪ ♪ Got a bio, there’s a link in those ♪ ♪ It’s the chicken showdown ♪ ♪ The chicken sandwich showdown ♪ ♪ 2K19 ♪ ♪ It’s the chicken showdown ♪ ♪ The chicken sandwich showdown ♪ ♪ 2K19 ♪ – So what do you think we
judge these chickens on? – I think the crispiness and
the moisture, always important. – Always.
– What a good name for pickle quality?
– Uh, chef’s pickle, no. The pickle pick.
– The pickle pick. Yeah.
– The pickle pick. – [Both] It’s the pickle pick. – Of course, we have a
wow factor and a sexy nod, does it get the bun bump? – Mm, mm-hmm. It’s funny how many words about chickens are also, you know, sexy. (beeping) Breast, thigh, fellatio,
what’s the fillet ratio? Very sexual. Should we just leave one of you here to order the sandwich? Bye, good luck.
– Bye. – We decided that we were
gonna abandon Jonathan, who’s going to stand in
line, and try to get us a Popeye’s fried chicken sandwich. – [Chris] Is abandon the right word? – They’re not serving
the chicken sandwiches, and they not gonna be
open for another hour, because the manager’s not here yet. – [Keith] What’s going
on with the manager? My God.
– I don’t know. I guess we’re gonna go
to some other places, and get some other
fried chicken sandwiches and go to another Popeye’s. Jonathan, get back in the car. Jonathan, come back. And there’s a McDonald’s right next door. Fuck, we could knock
McDonald’s out right now. Hi, there. I would love the Buttermilk
Crispy Chicken sandwich. You don’t have a spicy
chicken sandwich, right? You just have the normal kind.
– No, yeah. – Darn. – Are we gonna do the, like it outside, with the tablecloth?
– Yeah. – Oh, back in the game. – [Keith] You think I
don’t know how to do this? – There’s a good, oh, there’s
an unboxing experience. I forgot about that. Ooh, okay.
– Ooh. The bun looks good.
– Got some lettuce and tomato. You know I like that. I would actually give it a
little bit of a bun bump. – Oh, your shadow’s all in the way. – Ready?
– Yeah. (crunching sandwich) – Tastes like McDonald’s. – That was exactly what I was gonna say. I mean, the breading has
a little bit of flavor, very pepper dominant. – It’s not as good as the chicken nugget, but it tastes like a chicken nugget. – It definitely tastes processed. A mama didn’t serve this. – No mamas in sight. – I’m satisfied, I’m not impressed. – I would not be surprised if this was one of our lowest ranked. I think they’re gonna get better, but only time will tell on the– – [Both] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! ♪ I’m gonna take this beat ♪ ♪ I’m gonna murder ♪ ♪ I love chicken sandwiches ♪ ♪ Fuck you, burger ♪
♪ Whoo ♪ – Do you have any
predictions of who you think is gonna win?
– I have a personal fried chicken sandwich that’s
currently not in the debate and I’d like to bring it into the debate. – What? – We didn’t see Shake Shack
fried chicken sandwich. – Oh. I feel like everybody
sleeps on the Carl’s Jr. Spicy Chicken Sandwich. For so long, those were 99 cents. That was high school for me. – Their chicken tenders
are the best in the biz, best in the biz, best, best, best. ♪ Cock-a-doodle-doo ♪ ♪ Bock, bock, bock ♪ ♪ Cock-a-doodle-doo ♪ ♪ Bock, bock, bock ♪ ♪ Cock-a-doodle-doo ♪ ♪ Bock, bock ♪
♪ Cock ♪ – Got the cock-a-dockle-doo.
(both laughing) – Got the cock-o-dockle. – This is the Carl’s Jr. Sandwich, otherwise known as Hardee’s. Carl Karcher Enterprises. – [Keith] We got some
lettuce, some mayo action. – It feels thicker.
– It looks thicker. – Yeah.
– It looks a lot thicker. – My alumni, my first
job was at Carl’s Jr. – Really? Very salty. – Much more chicken. – But I don’t think there’s more flavor. – No.
– Than McDonald’s. Which is weird.
– No, it’s almost flavorless. There’s no excitement there. It doesn’t really taste like anything. – I don’t love it. – It’s not good.
– Not worth it. – Actually worse than the
McChicken at McDonald’s. – Let me try your little spicy boy. – Also, keep in mind,
you’re in high school, and this is 99 cents.
– I get it. – Okay.
(upbeat music) – That’s weirdly better. – I get some sense memory outta that. I feel like Spicy Chickens
used to be spicier. – [Keith] What does it taste like? It tastes like something different. – Hmm.
(train rumbling) What is that taste? – I like that shredded lettuce in there. – But now, what I really love here, and this is just an extra
shoutout, unnecessary shoutout. The tenders here are, by
far, better than every tender at every other fast food place. – That is really good. – Now why can’t the sandwich
just be made with these? It doesn’t make sense to us. – Call us, Carl Karcher Enterprises. – Call us. – We’ll help you work
it out branding wise. On the– – [Both] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! – All right, that was Carl’s Jr. Now we’re gonna head on over to KFC, which is just down the way.
(clock ticking) And here we are, pulling
into KFC right here. Okay.
– That’s it. We are now in, from one
driveway to the next. – Get over here, bro. – I’m getting a little chicken fatigue. – I’m already feeling, feeling not great. – I thought you’d been training your body with these Eat the Menus. I haven’t done one of these in awhile. Okay, this is the first one not in a box. (whimsical music) – Yeah, this is a wrapped up sando. Are there pickles? Oh, this is the first candidate
for the pick of the pickles. – Oh, it’s little.
– It’s a little boy. I don’t think we can “Lady
and the Tramp” it, though. So just take your bite, I’ll take mine. It’s too small. Something might happen. That’s very good. – That’s what I’m talking about. Chicken-wise, this is the best chicken. By far, it’s moist. – It could be a little
crunchier, but I’m pretty happy with the crunch overall. – I’m actually giving this my pickle pick. – These are those cheap hamburger pickles that are at a barbecue,
but this is very good. This is hitting all the marks for me. It’s a little plain. – Yeah.
– There’s no sauce. – I’m not getting lost in the sauce. – Bun is fine.
– Very good, though. – Not intrusive.
– It’s just a bun. – It’s holding it together. – It’s classic bread.
– Mm-hmm. Now, so we got the Nashville Hot, which is obviously not the normal spicy, but it looks like they
didn’t go too crazy with it. I think this would be
a good amount of spice. – It’s kinda just like a soft spice. It’s not a very spicy meal at all. – Of the two, which would you choose? – I think I would choose the Classic. – Yeah. – This is the best chicken we’ve had. – Absolutely. The chicken is stellar,
and we even got a free, bonus little chicken piece in that wrap, and that is good, a little bonus chicken. – I feel like we’re on our way up. On the– – [Both] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19. – How ’bout a really serious version? – We’re by some houses, so we should probably stop screaming. Today, you’ll see a lot of
delicious chicken sandwiches, but we can’t have every single one, but we don’t have the advantage, ’cause now, we don’t live
where every chicken is, so here’s some chicken
sandwiches you won’t see in this video. ♪ You won’t see Publix ♪ ♪ You won’t see Zaxby’s ♪ ♪ You won’t see Bojangles ♪ ♪ You won’t see some others ♪ ♪ You won’t see Sonic ♪ ♪ You won’t see ♪ – Hi, how are you?
– Hi, good, how are you? – [Employee] Good, thanks. What can I get for you? – Can I get a Spicy Chicken sandwich? I mean, Wendy’s is the
reason most fast food places got fried chicken sandwiches, ’cause they were crushing the game. All those old commercials
with Dave Thomas, like standing up to
bikers, making them cry. – Wait, is Wendy his
daughter, in the like, idea of Wendy’s? – In the honest truth of his life, yes, Wendy is his daughter.
– Really? – We’re just reviewing chicken sandwiches from different fast food places. You wanna come–
– You wanna join? – Do one with us? You have a favorite, you’re biased already towards Chic-fil-A? That’s more–
– Well, yeah, because that’s my go-to.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah. – That kinda sandwich.
– Chicken sandwich. – [Woman] I would never
buy that from Wendy’s. – Why don’t you take the first bite? – Yeah.
– Of this, and then, we’ll follow up after you. I’m gonna get you a bottle of water. – [Woman] Can I just
see what they put on it? – Sure. I actually only like mayo
on chicken sandwiches. – That’s really good.
– That’s really good? – And the spice is great.
– That is easily the best of the burger chains. – Crunch of the day.
– Ooh. – So it was really well-balanced– – And when you do drink? – Yeah?
– Then the spice bursts. – Mm, I love the phrase, spice burst. – I love a good spice burst.
– Spice burst! – Yeah, spice burst!
– Yeah. – Yeah, I love that.
– Spice burst! – I don’t like stuff
that burns your mouth. – One, two, three. – [All] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! (woman laughing)
– Nailed it. – Okay, Wendy’s, that was fun. We made a friend. The sandwich, overall, was good. It’s a perfect balance of spice. It’s not too spicy. All those old claims from Dave Thomas that it made people cry, they were crazy. It’s not that spicy. It’s just delicious. Now we’re going to Church’s. I’ve never had a Church’s
fried chicken sandwich. I don’t think I’ve even
had Church’s fried chicken. – I’ve had Church’s Chicken in Atlanta, but I’ve never had the Chicken
Fried Sandwich at Church’s. – Hey, can I get a number
six with a sweet tea. – [Employee] The chicken
sandwich, we’re actually out of the patty today.
– They’re out? – Give me your honest opinion. Do you think it’s a good chicken sandwich? – [Employee] It’s pretty good,
a lot of people do like it. – Ooh, that sounded like
a politician answer. – Well, we’ll be up there for the drinks. Wow, I didn’t expect that. – What, that they’re out
of chicken sandwiches? I know, there’s no line here. It’s like, Popeye’s, I get it. – I’m just gonna eliminate ’em. And you wanted to get
some more of us dancing? – [Man] Yeah. ♪ Buns and pickles ♪ ♪ Buns, buns and pickles ♪ ♪ Buns and pickles ♪ ♪ Bun, buns and pickles ♪ – We are on our way now to
another weird contender, Rally’s. Never been to a Rally’s. – [Chris] I don’t think
I’ve been to a Rally’s in my whole life. – They’re kind of like Checkers. It’s basically an
old-fashioned, simple burger, simple fried chicken kinda place. – I could use a stop
in and get a Red Bull. – Okay, we’ll, if we’ll see
a 7-Eleven or something, we’ll get one. – [Employee] What? – Do you have energy drinks here? – No.
– No. – Didn’t think so.
– We didn’t think so. We thought we’d ask.
– Oh, okay. – [Keith] Oh, it’s the first sesame bun. – Shredded lettuce, no tomato, no picks. – It looks like a McChicken. (paper rustling)
(sandwich crunching) – Our noses touched. – The lettuce is absolute trash. That’s Taco Bell lettuce. I don’t know how I feel about that. – It’s Taco Bell lettuce.
– It’s just shitty, fucking shredded.
(Chris coughing) I’m kinda mad, because that
chicken has great seasoning, great spice.
– Yeah, the flavor is actually good.
– It’s actually pretty moist, the crunch is not bad, and
somehow, as a sandwich, it’s easily the most garbage thing I’ve put in my mouth today. – I think McDonald’s is worse than this. – Yeah, maybe. All right, we’re going to Shake Shack. Shake Shack is my favorite
fried chicken sandwich. – [Man] I wish I could sample as many chicken sandwiches as I could. – It’s almost like you need two people to do that for you.
– Yeah, right? – Ooh.
– All right. – Wow. Let’s see this hot box, oh shit. – Wow.
– Girl. – I’m gonna say–
– Holy cow. That is the sexiest chicken
sandwich of the day. – [Chris] That’s the sexiest
one of the day, hands down. – Wow, wow, it’s beautiful, oh my God. All right, let’s dive in. – Okay, ready? It’s definitely the freshest. – Feels like a Whole Foods
fried chicken sandwich. – Yeah. The flavor isn’t overpowering. – Great crunch, really good quality meat. – I like the thick pickle. – Mm-hmm.
– That’s a pickle thick. – I think this is the
best we’ve had so far. – Yeah. To be fair, it was also more expensive. This is a $7 chicken sandwich. – This is, by far, the most expensive chicken sandwich of the
day, but it tastes– – You get it.
– Like an expensive chicken sandwich.
– It tastes like a $7 chicken sandwich.
– Mm-hmm. All we have left is
Chic-fil-A and Popeye’s. – The big showdown.
(dramatic music) The Chicken War, the main event. (fireworks blasting) The thing that everybody’s
been talking about. – Bro, good luck. Get us a spicy and a non-spicy. – Spicy and a non-spicy.
– Yeah. Okay, so we just pulled
up, and this Popeye’s is equally slammed. Look, she got it! She did it. What if we offered to buy hers? I’ll give you 40 bucks. (laughing) – All right, we’ve been in
line for about 10 minutes. I haven’t heard if they’ve sold out. I’m afraid to ask, because then, I’ll have to go to another Popeye’s. – Hey, text Jonathan,
if you have his number, and say, like, how long do
you think it’s gonna take? – You think 30 minutes?
– Perfect. – [Miles] Awesome, cool. If it’s 30 minutes, then
we’re gonna go to Chic-fil-A, and then, come right back. – Man, what a crazy marketing scheme. 30 minute wait on a chicken sandwich? – That’s kinda crazy. – All right, I’ve just
heard that they’re out. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but we’re gonna find out. – Is this the Chick-fil-A? I swear to God. I would love some chicken sandwiches. – Should we get a spicy and reg? – Do you have spicy, as well?
– Yep. – Oh, yeah, can we actually
have two spicy and two regulars? – Two spicy, two regular?
– Yeah. – [Employee] Just the sandwiches or meals? – Just the sandwiches.
– Okay. – Now here’s something we
obviously have to cover. Chick-fil-A is a company
that doesn’t like gay people. – Yeah, I don’t like that. They donate to anti-LGBT
causes, which just sucks. – So busy, is it always busy like this? – [Employee] Yes. – It’s not even because of
the great sandwich debate? – [Employee] No. – Did you feel a big bump
during the Chicken Wars? – (laughing) No.
– Last week? No, it was the same? ‘Cause it’s always crazy.
– Yeah it’s always this crazy. – It is always nuts. – So you guys don’t even,
you’re not even aware of it, really.
– No. – It’s not even a big deal. – [Employee] No, I mean, my
best friend works at Popeye’s, and she’s like, “I’m dying,
there’s so many people,” and I’m like, “Welcome
to my everyday life.” – [Both] Whoa! – Wow.
– Keith? – Yeah.
– Here you go, man. – Thanks, man.
– Have a good one. – You too. I need you to take this.
– Sorry. I was watching the new “Blue’s Clues” guy. – Keep in focus. This is serious sandwich stuff, Chris. – I agree, I agree. – Ugh, oh God, all right,
they’re in the alley behind the Popeye’s. It sounds like a shady deal I
might’ve made in high school. Oh, there they are. – [Keith] Yeah! Yeah! – Drive, drive, drive!
– You got the goods? You got the goods?
– Got the goods, baby. – Wow, wow! (yelling) – [Keith] We got ’em both, we did it. – [Miles] This is the
real showdown right here. (beeping) ♪ Um, ba, da, dum, dum, dum, dum ♪ – This is it, wow. – Wow.
– It all comes down to this. – [Chris] This is the big Chicken War. – They’re in the bag, just like Sonic used
to make their burgers. These are like scorching hot. – Wow.
– Touch this. (rousing orchestral music)
– Ooh. – So we got one of each
from the Popeye’s variety, because they’re limited, and
we didn’t wanna take more than our share, but we did get two of each from Chick-fil-A, ’cause
they’re used to this. Where do we start? Oh my God, I think we have
to start with Chick-fil-A. – No sauce on this.
– Traditional, bro. It smells really good. – I think is a confident sandwich. Chicken between bread. – But the Chick-fil-A is
not known for being crunchy, so that’s, it’s already
not gonna have the crunch, but we’ll see how delicious it really is. – Ready? – Wow, a lot of chicken flavor,
a lot of great seasoning, hitting the mouth with
just so much flavor, and juicy, soft chicken.
– Mm. I know the breading isn’t really crunchy, but it’s like just the right amount. Look at that chicken. That’s real fucking chicken.
– That’s real fucking chicken. – I feel like they know what they’re doing just by eating it.
– So juicy, so flavorful. It really is perfect. I gotta tell you, my wow
factor is definitely out. – I get my wow factor. – It’s so alarmingly good every time. I’m just like, wow. – And that gets my sexy nod, I think. ♪ Love it, let’s get naked, naked ♪ – I’m not gonna give it my sexy nod, because I honestly think this
looks like a boring sandwich, and that’s why it gets my wow factor. If you handed this to
me out of the package, I’m like, ooh, this isn’t gonna be good. – Okay.
– But it’s so good. – But that’s kinda why I
kinda think it is sexy, it’s so confident in itself. – Like the One Direction song? ♪ You don’t know you’re beautiful ♪ ♪ That’s what make you chicken ♪ ♪ Chicken ♪ – So let’s try the spicy before we move on out of Chick-fil-A. – No, I gotta go straight into this one. – You wanna go straight into it? – Yeah.
– This is unheard of. – Wait, so are these two regular ones, or one spicy, one reg?
– Spicy and– – This one is not sexy looking. – Are you kidding? This looks incredible. Hold on.
– This one isn’t sexy. – Look at this.
– Looking, this one looks like kinda dumb.
– Oh, whoa. – It looks disfigured. – Chicken is supposed to
be fried and crinkled, and it’s supposed to have
edges, and be a wild ride. I mean, look at this. This looks perfect to me. – I’m interested to see. I think the bread looks
real good right now. – Wow, let me flip this around. – All right, ready?
(sandwich crunching) – Wow, that has so much flavor. Unbelievable.
– Mm, okay. – Whoa, whoa.
– Okay, okay. (bright triumphant music) Okay, okay, okay. All right, Popeye’s, I had brand loyalty. I had brand loyalty to Chick-fil-A, and that Popeye’s just
surprised the hell out of me. – It is as good as all the
little internet reaction videos you’ve seen, where there are people like, oh, they’ve just never eaten a
good chicken sandwich before. Like no, it’s like a
different chicken sandwich than I’ve ever had. – It’s really doing it. – The crunch is there. The thing is, the seasoning’s
amazing, the meat is great. – The chicken is there. – The bun is good, the chicken is so fire. I don’t taste pickles at all. – Mm, the breading, ooh, ooh. Wow, wow.
(Keith whistling) Wow. Wow, I didn’t even expect this. – I didn’t, wow. – I thought it was gonna
be a marketing thing. – Oh my God, it’s really good. – Oh, it’s actually very good. – Wow.
– Are you crying, Keith? – Let’s go back in. We gotta go for the spicy
of Chick-fil-A, as well. Yo. You guys wanna try some chicken with us? – [Man] Is this Chicken Watch? – This is Chicken Sandwich Showdown. – Oh.
– We don’t know if we have the rights to Chicken Watch. – Yeah, so we’re just
going with what we can. Okay. – So do you have any biases
of what your favorite fast food chicken is? – [Man] Chick-fil-A, yeah. – Oh, it is Chick-fil-A?
– Oh, really? – [Man] Yeah. (upbeat music)
It’s so good. I love it.
– This is spicier than any other chicken
sandwich we’ve tried today, and I think that’s a good
thing, as a spicy fan. – When it’s that spicy, it
overpowers the other flavors, and I don’t taste anything but spice. I just have heat in my
mouth and that’s it. – Popeye’s. – Try the spicy fried
chicken from Popeye’s. Here, why don’t you
take the inaugural bite? – Really?
– Yeah. (upbeat music) – [Man] Oh my God. Oh my god, I love it.
(Chris laughing) – What do you think? Give me your feedback. How do you think, of the two– – Better meat, Popeye’s.
– Okay. – [Man] Better bread, Chick-fil-A. Seasoning, I like the
Popeye’s, it was really spicy. – Same. – Yeah, Popeye’s gives
you a lot of texture, a lot of flavor, I think
the bun is a little lacking. The Chick-fil-A bun is
perfect, it’s nice, soft, you get right through it.
– Yeah. – Chick-fil-A chicken is incredible. It’s a great chicken sandwich. I mean, we saw how many
people were in line for it. It’s great. This Popeye’s is something
new, something different. Three, two, one. – [All] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! (all laughing) – And then.
– That was so weird. – Can we just get your emails? We’ll email you an image release waiver. – [Man] Oh, yes! ♪ Whoo ♪ ♪ Lemme tell you about
a chicken sandwich ♪ ♪ Which one ♪ ♪ Well, the one that’s delish ♪ ♪ It’s got a fried chicken breast ♪ ♪ Between two buns ♪ ♪ And a little bit of pickle ♪ ♪ To add some fun ♪ ♪ And if you wanna get crazy ♪ ♪ Add a remoulade ♪ ♪ Is it a remoulade ♪ ♪ I don’t know, it’s odd ♪ ♪ You know, if you want a tasty ♪ ♪ Little treat in your mouth ♪ ♪ Onto the fried chicken
from the down South ♪ ♪ You wanna eat chicken ♪ ♪ You wanna eat it like me ♪ ♪ He likes regular ♪ ♪ I like spicy ♪ ♪ I’m not too fickle ♪ ♪ When it comes to a pickle ♪ ♪ I like a bit of herb ♪ ♪ Makes my taste buds tickle ♪ ♪ I’m not too fickle ♪ ♪ When it comes to a pickle ♪ ♪ I like the bit of herb ♪ ♪ Makes my taste buds tickle ♪ – Wow, it’s been a big day.
– I get it. – If you couldn’t guess it already, the winner of the
Chicken Sandwich Showdown is the Popeye’s fried chicken sandwich. It was perfect. – It’s the chicken and it’s the seasoning that really put it over the edge. Nobody lived up to that seasoning. – Yeah. It was great to have you back, Chris. – Hey, thanks for having me. – Yeah. – And go check out some
chicken wraps on my channel, and also go check out my
new podcast, Wine and Weed, with Steelo Brim. Keith comes on. The format of the show
is we smoke a joint, and we drink a bottle of wine, which is also all about conversation, and bringing people together. – Yeah.
– Just like chicken. – [Keith] Until next time,
thanks for watching– – [Both] Chicken Sandwich Showdown 2K19! (both laughing) – We have the same instinct. – Hey, everybody. My comedy group, Lewberger, is competing in the finals of NBC’s Bring
the Funny this Tuesday, at 10/9 central. Be sure to watch and vote
for us if you love us. Okay, thanks. – Thanks!
– Thanks! – Thanks!
– Thanks. – Thanks!
– Oh! (upbeat music) – I wanna make one of those
Coexist bumper stickers, but with iconic letters
of fast food brands. – Mm.
– So like, the C of Chick-fil-A, the O of Popeye’s, the E of, uh, Zaxby’s will give us our X.