– Coming up for all you food rangers. We’re bringing you for an
insanely rare opportunity. A 4,000 person Pakistani wedding banquet with horse dancing, next level
cooking and some rarely seen festivities that are gonna blow your mind. So make sure to watch all
the way until the end. ‘Cause this video you’re gonna love. Alright check it out
guys, it’s Trevor James. I’m hanging out with my good buddy Ali. You can check out his Instagram
in the description below. We are deep in the Pakistani countryside, outside of Islamabad. And today is an ultra-special occasion, we’re going for a 4,000 person wedding. – Exactly, and Trevor today we have been honored by Prince Malik Ata
Muhammad Khan of Kot Fateh We are going to his
hundred-years-old mansion first where he keeps all his horses, Prince is known all over the world for his love of horses and tent pegging. And Prince has been kind to take us to a local wedding where there’s going to be thousands of
people and tons of food. – Awesome, let’s check it out. First stop, before meeting with the Prince and going for a huge wedding
feast, we’re stopping on the side of the road
for a village breakfast. – [Ali] Time for breakfast. – Time for breakfast here guys! Oh, so we got a local little village tea and breakfast all here. Oh, so local village Paratha here. – So this is like a
different kind of Paratha because they’re making it in tandoor. – In the tandoor? – In the tandoor, yeah. – [Trevor] That’s a firewood tandoor. – It’s a firewood tandoor. And ah, where it’s firewood, it gives it’s own taste because
wood has it’s own taste. – It’s like smokey and… – Smokey and really different. Really authentic
– Beautiful! – kinda paratha. – [Trevor] Oh yeah here we go. So he just put a grill right
over top of that firewood tandoor and gonna put
that paratha right on top. Oh and here we go! Awesome. That’s the oil bucket. There we go, that’s ghee! (man speaks foreign language)
– I wish we could capture the smell and the aroma of the ghee. – [Trevor] Yeah. – You can see it but you can’t capture, you can’t smell it.
(man speaks foreign language) – [Trevor] Its so potent. Oh there it is!
– It goes. – Right in the oil. And after sitting down, we
had some super wholesome and oily whole wheat
paratha soaked with ghee, two fried eggs, some
intensely sweet malai cream with huge sugar crystals, some big glasses of lassi and chicken curry. There we go! Cheers buddy! – [Ali] Cheers. – [Both] Mmm! – Oh! Oh, it’s full of ghee. – It’s full of spices. – Mmm, lassi, Cheers. Mmm sour. – Yeah, sour. – Oh that tastes like it’s
right from the village. (Ali laughing) So he’s not taking any money? – [Ali] He’s not taking any money, he’s saying that you’re the guests so… – [Trevor] (speaks foreign language) Wow. – Thank you.
– Thank you! – Yeah, so Kot Fateh,
which is Malik Sahab’s estate is on that side. Do you see that hill?
– Oh okay. Wow, and look at the truck art here! Look at those beautiful, and there is just so many trucks like that in Pakistan. So we’re just gonna cross over that hill, and then go to his estate. – His estate, Kot Fateh is on that side where we’re going right now. – Awesome, let’s go check it out. We kept making our way on the road to meet with the Prince himself. Before making our way to the 4,000 person Pakinstani village wedding. Here we are guys, we’re just rolling up to the gate here at Malik Sahab’s home. Wow. Here we go. – [Ali] And he has his own white house. – [Trevor] Really! Wow. (laughing) Wow, look at this guys! Wow, so this is it? – [Ali] This is Malik Sahab’s mansion. – [Trevor] Hi! – [Ali] Malik Sahab. – [Trevor] Malik Sahab, nice to meet you. – You are from where? – From Canada and China, thank you for having us Malik Sahab. We’re very happy to be here.
– Please have a seat. Have a seat.
– Wow. And after having a quick
chat with the Prince, we went for a quick
walk around the property and made our way to the wedding. Look at that! It’s cute! (camel bleats) (laughing) He’s got a camel here! And here we go guys, Malik Sahab has just invited us to a wedding. We are gonna go have a wedding feast. Wow, and this is it
here, look at this tent! – [Ali] This is one massive wedding– – [Trevor] Insane! There must be a couple
hundred tables in there. – Yeah, here we go one, two, three, and here are all the pots. – Wow, (laughing) look at this! A lot of action going on here. (speaking foreign language) Look at this, guys. So many pots, and we’re
gonna see what’s inside. Look at this! Oh! It’s so steamy! – Here, eat right of it.
– Oh a taste. (laughing) Can I take? – Yeah. – Okay, oh, it’s hot! – Hot. – Hot. Oh oh oh oh ah!
(laughing) It’s really hot. Okay, so this is the wedding biryani. – Oh. – Oh, look at that.
– You can’t get fresher than this, ah!
– Oh it’s hot! Take it down, take it down! Oh, mmm.
– Mmm. – Wow! Oh that is so, so tasty. – Yeah. – Ultra-smooth,
– Thank you, thank you. – Aromatic. Thank you! You can taste the caraway, the cloves, the cardamom, the chili,
(man speaks foreign language) the spice, the chicken is tender, the rice is fluffy, and
the people are so friendly. Unbelievable! Guys this is incredible, and we’re gonna go see what else there is. Oh and what’s this? – This is beef korma.
– Oh! – This is beef korma. – Beef korma, look at that. Wow, that is thick! Look at that! Look at that beef korma,
full of green chili, and what else do we have in here? Looks like lots of coriander, ginger, oh. – [Ali] They’ve also put in some almonds. – [Trevor] Almonds! – [Ali] Yeah. – [Trevor] Look at the color there. Let’s try that beautiful korma. – [Ali] Sure. – Oh wow.
– So tender. – So tender. Pakistani korma. – The wedding korma. – Wedding korma. – [Both] Mmm! (man speaks foreign language)
– Oh spicy. – Yeah just. – Oh mutton! And the mutton’s over here! Oh it’s so good! This is so good. What do you think Ting? It’s awesome. Wow,
(man speaks foreign language) oh and look at this, the mutton. Oh this is the mutton korma. Oh wow! This is amazing! Wow. That is so aromatic, and everybody
here is just so friendly. They just loaded up my
plate with the mutton korma. It’s fatty, I can feel
the fat in that mutton. Let’s try that out. – Come on. – Oh it’s non-stop hospitality. And they’re bringing us for more! Pakistan is so nice. (men chuckling) – [Man] Pakistan (speaks foreign language) – Yeah, (speaks foreign language) oh! Oh and we just found the ultimate. Oh, they’re just loading it with nuts. So this is to make the halvua right? – [Ali] Yeah. – So it’s semolina, oh
and they’re just loading it with cashews and
pistachios and almonds, and that is a sweet– – Sweet dish. – Sweet dish.
– Yes. – Very sweet. – Okay?
– Okay. Very nice. – Very nice. – Oh and this is phlai, – It’s a condensed butter.
– Condensed butter? – A nice cream condensed butter, yeah. – Khoa.
– Khoa? – Khoa, it’s called khoa. – Condensed butter. – Yeah. – Oh it’s cold. (man speaks foreign language) Oh milk solid. (speaks foreign language) Khoa. – It’s condensed cream basically. – Condensed cream. – Very condensed cream. – Oh yeah, that’s cream, mmm! Maybe just a little sweet. – Sweet okay? – Yeah, very very okay. (laughs) (man speaks foreign language) whoa! That is just incredible. This is just amazing, they’re
just loading it with nuts. Oh! – Coconut, coconut.
– Oh. Oh and just loading it with coconut here. – Coconut. – So this is Pakistani halvua. – This is Chakwali halvua. – Chakwali? – So in Pakistan’s halvua is so famous, so every region has their
own style of halvua. – Wow. – This particular one
is from Chakwal area. – Chakwal, where we are.
– So it’s called Chakwali halvua. – Oh and we’re just gonna
load it on that plate. (laughing) That’s the halvua! There’s almonds, pistachios,
there’s tons of nuts in there, there’s walnut, there’s beautiful coconut, there’s desi ghee, oh and
it’s just so satisfying to watch how it’s made here.
– Exactly. And the best component of
this halvua is the condensed cream which we call khoa
in this part of the world. – Oh the cream, oh! – Some extra coconut.
– Oh, thank you! Oh it’s so hot. It’s burning! Oh and that’s finished. Right off the flame, let’s try it out. – [Both] Mmm! – Oh wow. – Man I have a sweet tooth, I have a sweet tooth,
and this, I love halvua. – Sweet and nutty, and creamy.
– Yeah, it is. – Mmm! Oh, that is nice. – Let’s not finish everything here, because another thousand
people have to eat still. – (laughing) Yeah. Oh and this is to make the biryani. Look at that. So many spices in there. Basmati rice, oh, and the chicken! Chicken. This is Pakistani biryani heaven! Wow, look at that. Ultimate biryani. And that’s gonna cook over the fire, over the wood fire,
the rice is gonna grow, and it’s just gonna infuse, the flavor’s gonna infuse into there. Very nice! And this is the green tea here. – [Ali] Yeah, trust me, you need this after having all this food. – [Trevor] Wow, so you can
see it’s full of green tea and is that lemongrass? – [Man] Ah lemon. – Lemongrass?
– Yeah. – [Trevor] Wow, we’re just gonna load that green tea up with sugar. Wow! Tons of sugar in there! – [Man] For the sweet taste. – [Trevor] For the sweet taste. Tasty! Awesome! (laughing) That’s incredible. Mixing it through. Yeah, mixing. This is just amazing. (speaks foreign language) Been cooking for 30 years. Thank you, thank you. – Cheers. – Cheers to your 30 years. – Mmm! – Sugar. – Oh sugar, lemongrass,
cardamom, very nice. And before our big
wedding feast, we walked into the massive wedding
tent, and witnessed an extremely unique tradition,
Pakistani horse dancing. Just watch. (Pakistani instrumental music) So this is it, we’ve got
horse dancing up here. – Exactly, so this is a traditional Pakistani wedding for you. This is a wedding where
you have 4,000 people. – Wow, and horse dancing! – Horse dancing, yeah. (horse bells jingling) – So this is the magic, here. It’s all coming out from the truck. Deck after deck here. Hi.
– Must be really heavy for these guys to carry.
– Really heavy. – What’s inside? (speaks foreign language) – Oh, the chicken biryani!
– Chicken biryani. – That’s it right there. – Before anybody else, we get to see it. – Yeah, and it’s all coming
one by one from the truck. Let’s go see the truck. You can smell that potent biryani. Smells so good. And we’ve got three decks left here. – Exactly. So let me tell you
something about these tents, these fancy red tents. So in this part of Pakistan,
in Punjab, and in this area, so basically they put all
these big tents to have these weddings in the villages. Because in villages they
invite so many people. – Like the whole village? – [Ali] I mean not just the whole village, too many villages, all the village and their neighbors, so they are invited. – [Trevor] So everyone comes? – [Ali] Everyone comes
in, so what they do is, that they put these tents
like two days in advance. So there’s a lot of
effort that goes inside – A lot of work.
– To put these tents and everything.
– Wow. – [Ali] So what you’re seeing here, is an effort of almost two days. – Wow.
– Exactly. – For 4,000 people?
– For 4,000 people, exactly. – This is incredible, oh and we’re just scooping up the halvua! – Exactly. – Look at that. Wow.
– Work harder. – One after the other there. That is the thickest,
most sweetest halvua, and flavorful, and nutty,
halvua you’ll ever taste. And we’re just scooping
out the biryani now. Look at this! That aroma, is so potent, and so rich! Yeah, look at that. Delightful. Pakistani village biryani. Chicken, cloves, cardamom, fluffy basmati rice, and you can’t get that
flavor anywhere else. – [Ali] Nowhere. – Just in the villages.
– Just in the villages in the weddings.
– For the weddings. – [Ali] These large big
pots have their own taste. – [Trevor] Wow. So we scoop the korma? Wow! It’s just like scooping
bits of heaven into a bowl. That is amazing. (man singing in foreign language) Good?
– Yeah. Good? And that, and that is the
village korma, the wedding korma. (speaks foreign language) Very nice. – Here it comes.
– Here it is! The wedding feast! Whoa!
– The wedding feast, finally. – Thank you! Look at that! This is the ultimate wedding feast! Look at the size! – Is it just for two of us? – Wow! That is a ton! It’s been a longtime dream of
mine to visit Pakistan solely for experiences like this, and really, what we’ve discovered
today is that everybody out here is just so
friendly, and the food! – Cheers!
– Cheers buddy! – Cheers to korma. – To korma. Mmm! Oh wow. That is actually smooth,
it’s not overpowering. The chilies just give
it a nice smooth kick. – [Ali] So it’s very well-balanced too. – Well balanced.
– That’s the way it should be. – And with the naan,
it’s just like a pillow of smooth, spicy, delight. Thank you Ali for that amazing experience. – My pleasure, man. – You guys can check out Ali’s Instagram in the description below. An amazing Pakistani
wedding, I hope you guys loved this video, truly
incredible out here. – As I said before, I really
hope that you liked it, and guys, I really hope
that you liked it too. – It was amazing. – And when you ever come
to Pakistan, do attend any Pakistani wedding if
you ever get a chance to. – Thanks so much guys.