Which came first, the chicken
cupcake or the cupcake chicken? Let’s talk about that.( music playing )Good Mythical morning. Today we’re gonna
be looking at some of the most embarrassing
corporate tweets ever tweeted, and we’re going to be
testing out a new weird product
called Squat Magic. But first,
we are really excited because we’re
starting the day with an entirely new head-to-head
cooking competition that will stretch us,
cupcakes, and fried chicken
to the limit. It’s time for… We’re taking
the tried-and-true dishes of fried chicken
and cupcakes and flipping them
one of two ways. We each have one hour
to complete our dish, and then the winner
will be determined with a blind taste test
from the Mythical crew, And because where’d
gonna be dealing with a lot
of fried food and frosting, we have the king
of fried food. With the frosted tips,
Mr. Guy Fieri. Whoever successfully feeds
Guy or gets the closest wins the power
to choose the dish and therefore the chef,
but they’re handcuffed. Rhett:
Why don’t you go first? Guy looks like he’s hungry
for your meatballs. Hungry Guy? Oh! Whoa, whoa, whoa,
that’s a– Sorry, Guy.
I hit the eye. Rhett:
That’s a really good toss
from this distance. – Yeah, it is.
– That’s gonna be very
difficult to beat. – ( laughs )
– Oh, yeah! All right.
You whiffed, man. Okay, I’m choosing
cupcake fried chicken with my Mythical chef
friend Tess. – Yay.
– That means I get Josh– – I mean, I choose Josh.
– Hey, man. All right,
so we need a team name. Okay, um, I don’t know. – Team Orange?
– Team Orange. That works. Oh, you can’t touch things. – How do I look?
– Uh, you look like a white guy who’s been training to be
a sushi chef for six months, – but he’s really confident
– Good. All that matters
is what we look like.
Let’s be real. Time begins in three… ( together )
Two, one, cook! – Grab all of them.
Grab all of them and take–
– What are you do– Sorry for my
He’s gangly. Open the fridge, and you’re gonna get
your eggs out. – How many eggs do we need?
– Just grab the whole thing. – I don’t wanna use all the eggs
if we don’t need them.
– Well… ( cackling ) Shut up! All-purpose flour. You know what?
We can do anything with this. Oh, gosh,
I’m already tired. – Now you need to grab…
– Winning is so difficult. Do you respond better
to positive reinforcement
or yelling? No, I like to be scolded. Yeah. ( British accent )
Wake up! Come on!
Speed it up. – I don’t want the accent,
– Okay. So this is going to be,
like, fried chicken, – but just the coating’s
gonna be, like, cupcake?
– Yeah. You know what?
their communication with the volume of my knifing. – And what about sugar?
– Okay. No, you already added
the sugar, didn’t you? No, I added this one. Josh:
Can I, like, help you rock? I don’t think so.
I think that’s
a rule violation. We’re going to put it
in an egg dredge. They’re dredging eggs
over there. Losers. – Good job. This is–
– You see that? That’s very advanced. Yeah, really mash it in
so it gets the cupcake shapes. This is going to be the base
of our cupcake. I’ve seen this done
on cooking shows. – Yes?
– This is a lot more difficult– There’s that one
that must be– That must have an actual
chicken baby in it. You can use your feet
to kind of unhook the oven. Look what’s happening
over here! Actual cooking! Look at that.
I’m opening frickin’… I think you may have
turned the oven off. The whisking is just getting
out of frickin’ hand. You can do it! Do you exercise at all? And then you’re
gonna throw in, like, I don’t know, like,
half that blue cheese? – I need more confidence.
– You’re gonna throw in exactly half of
that blue cheese right now. Incorporate with aggression.
There you go. Have I mixed this up enough? Because it’s really
powdery still. No, beat it up like it went
into your groceries while your trunk
was open and stole– You been going
through my groceries again? It stole the milk
from your kids. – Whole thing of goat cheese.
– Yeah, I don’t know. Maybe. – If you want, I guess.
– It’s not fun unless – we’re having fun, Tess.
-That’s right. High ten.
Don’t touch anything. You’re gonna
take those chives and you’re gonna cut
them as thinly as possible. This is our fry batter. We’re going to put
our biscuits in the oven, then we’re gonna work
on our frosting. The last thing we’re
gonna do is gonna fry it. Everything will be ready. We’re doing three
types of frosting: Honey mustard buttercream, a blue cheese buttercream, and a buffalo wing
buttercream. So that’ll be our cupcake aspect
of our fried chicken and we have cupcake batter
in all of these. I think it would be better
if we just did it. Flip that switch down, and it’s gonna go…
( imitates blender ) Now, if I were here alone? – Yeah?
– I’d eat all this right now. – This is my weakness.
– Batter? You gotta jimmy it. Is that normal? So, uh, Link?
Link. Hey, Rhett,
open the oven for me. No. Are they supposed
to look like that? Um, yes.
Just put a sock in it! Good gosh, this is heavy. Right here,
right here, right here. – Top drawer, grab like a–
– This one? Yeah, yeah, yeah. ( overlapping stammering ) – Mind meld.
– Mind meld. We’re having
a mind meld! Hit it and quit it,
you say? Yeah. Hit it and quit it. Like, turn it on
and leave it alone. Did they take our bowl?
No, it’s under there. Grab that bowl and fill it
with more flour. Ah, we’re getting
so paranoid. We’re blaming them
for everything. It’s only a conspiracy
if it’s wrong. Oh, this is frosting. – Mm-hmm.
– Good idea. You want those lusters
and those pretty sprinkles. Yeah, now we
getting “purty.” Josh:
Look for sprinkles.
Look for sprinkles. No. Are they in here? Rhett: You don’t
know where anything
in this kitchen is. – Rhett, can you–
– Got ’em? No, I need you to steal and
I need you to be quick about it. Go in like a python. How are you
with manta style? ( Tess screams )
Those are my lusters! Is that
the only freakin’ sprinkles? You want some sprinkles? I want you to wipe
your friggin’ face, man. – Is there something on my face?
– I’m tired of looking at it! How long has something
been on my face? It makes you look better. The first thing I said was,
“How do I look?” What did I explain
at the very beginning? All that matters
is what we look like.
Let’s be real. – Is what?
– Is how we look. – How we look.
– Right. Link, where are you going? This is not
a time to clean! We have to start frying. What color
are you feeling today? We’re blue team!
W’ere turquoise. – It’s turquoise glitter.
– Yeah, let’s go blue. – With this.
– With the whisker? – With the whisker.
– I’ve licked the heck
out of this. – It’s okay.
– Do we have another whisker?
Because… – Yes, we do.
– This should be burned. Okay, Link, now we’ve got
to double down. Go in here. We’ve gotta find
ghost pepper seasoning. – ( growling )
– …this for sure. – You just doing that for fun?
– Gosh! I’m sweating. We added too much.
I told you to add too much.
I was overeager. Now, what we’re gonna do is
we’re gonna fry our chicken. Take your corn starch,
egg batter, and your flour. Right, right, right
’cause we’re gonna douse,
dab, and diggle. – That’s right.
– Aah! It’s so hot! This is
crunch time, dude.
How dipped? All the way.
It’s gotta be covered. That’s so thick.
It’s not– I know.
Don’t worry about it. – You’ve seen movies.
– And then drop it in there. Rhett:
We’re oil bailing. – Oh, gosh!
– Oh! Oh, that burns! – Did you hurt yourself?
– You said drop it. – From a high angle. I’m sorry.
– You didn’t say guide it. And another?
I think your nose is sweating. ( giggles nervously ) – Are you crying?
– No, I’m fine. Rhett: Gol-lee,
this is stressful! – Josh: Do you meditate?
– Tess: They can’t eat chicken. – I do. ( inhaling )
– Yeah? Om, mani p– It’s so peaceful over here
when you’ve got it in the bag. This is a good looking one. Perfect. Perfect.
Careful, careful. – Is this the freezer?
– Yes, that’s the freezer. I’m very confident. You’ve shown nothing
but body control, receptiveness to listen, heart, character. Now, a little bit more. With intention.
There you go. Keep giving me
some compliments. – You’re coachable.
– Yep. Your beard could use
some grooming, but it’s good. I think you’re tall. You had me until
you insulted my beard. Place the chicken
on each one. – Link: I got you.
– Tess: Okay. Josh:
You’ve gonna put
four cupcakes down. Tess:
Here you go.
You can do it. – And you’re going to pipe
a single circle.
– Got it. You wanna get the–
there you go, there you go,
there you go. – More sprinkle! More sprinkle!
– Just a little bit of green. We’re gonna let people
inject it themselves. – ( bell rings )
– Rhett: Yeah! – Rhett and Josh: Yes!
– No, no, no, Link, stop! Stop touching it!
Time’s up! – Yes!
– Oh, my God,
they finished a dish. How? ♪ Fried chicken
cupcake time ♪ ♪ Cupcake fried chicken time ♪ ♪ Cupcake fried
chicken time ♪ – ♪ Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah… ♪
– ♪ Cupcake fried chicken time ♪ You know, when your meal needs to be
compensated for with a song, you know it’s a bad sign. Are you sure
that’s chicken? Yeah, that’s chicken. It might be
some sort of reptile based on the way
that it’s being presented. So you intended
to burn it that much? What green leprechaun turded
on top of your ball of…
nasty? You know, it doesn’t matter
how much crap we talk about
each other’s dishes because the Mythical crew
is going to judge them not knowing who made them. – So let’s let that happen.
– Bring it on, right? Bring it full on,
full speed ahead. Full frontal. I’m a little confused.
I feel like tasting it is gonna really help me
understand it. This is supposed
to be a cupcake, and this is a chicken. Not a huge fan of
this medicine dropper in there. This looks disturbing. Green is an interesting choice. These sprinkles
are quite nice, too. They have nothing to do with
anything as far as I can tell. Okay, I think it’s buffalo. This kind of looks like
the beach people warn you about. That’s quite nice. Do I do this like a shot
and then…It tastes like, um…Well, it tastes like chicken. Fried chicken
if it was baby food. Sweet meatloaf. Kind of like a beer-ita. – It’s really spicy.
– It’s very salty. Alex:Moving on to
the cupcake fried chicken.It looks like a crab in a shell that has died.I’m, like,
“Get a nice mix here, though.Keep things fair and balanced.”What do you know?
It tastes like crap, too. Woman:This one is…weird. Jen:The combo
of the sweet and the chickennormally works
with chicken and waffles, but not with this. Actually, as you chew it,it gets better.These are both really good. God bless whoever made this, and may God have mercyon whoever made
this horrible thing.I like it. Dang, I don’t know
which one to do. The Mythical crew
has voted. Let’s tally the votes and see who’s going
to clean up the kitchen. First vote goes to… …cupcake fried chicken. ( Josh whistles ) – Rhett: That’s you.
– Link: Oh, it is? – Yes!
– Yay, I was surprised too. We made cupcake
fried chicken. – We did. Good job.
– Okay. Second vote goes to… …cupcake fried chicken. Link: Yeah! – Two! And 0.
– All right! – Fried chicken cupcake.
– Ho! – Cupcake fried chicken.
– Yeah! Fried chicken cupcake. Hey. ( howls ) Hey. Fried chicken cupcake. Hot sauce! Fried chicken cupcake. – ( claps )
– Whoo! Cupcake fried chicken. Yeah! – Dang it, it’s tied!
– It’s so even. There’s one left. No, there’s one left? No, this is it?
This is the last one? – Josh: Hold me!
– All right… this determines who has
to clean up all this mess. Who made such a mess? You did. Okay, what is it, man? – Link: The winner…
– Tess: I can’t take this. – Fried chicken cupcake!
– Yeah! Dang it! – Whoo hoo hoo!
– ( growls ) Let my man
out of those cuffs! We did so good. We just needed
one more vote. ( chuckles )
Whoo! Let’s just clean up. There’s raw chicken
right there. We got a lot of stuff
on the floor over here. There’s a lot of flour
on the floor. The deep fryer,
you really gotta get into the nooks with your hands. Like, a sponge or paper towel
won’t cut it. And there’s quite a few eggs
right here as well. Good luck. – But we had fun.
– We did. Where do I frickin’ start? Can you let me out of these? Nope. Rhett:Next we’re testing
the Squat Magicin Weird Products
You Must Have.Link:♪ Pour some sweet tea
in me ♪Drink up your favorite drinksin our Ear Biscuits mason jar,available at mythical.store.